Friday, January 3, 2014

Gothic Zoo Boo Meet / Halloween

In October our community had a meet up at the local zoo. It was supposed to be a Gothic meet up but since I didn't have any Gothic clothes I threw together a Halloween coord with a kinda punk feel to it.

My awesome HLC ladies <3
Look at all that black
XD
I love how they had decorations throughout. It made it that much more festive, though it was a kinda rainy day.

I love pictures like this ^^

Cute Monkey
LOL
Markie loves Elephants <3
And here's my coord. I ended up dying my skirt (which was originally black and off-white) to purple so that I could get a more witchy feel to it. It was my first time dying something and I had the misstep of the fact that some of the lace was not all cotton so it dyed a more lavendar color than purple. I was lucky enough to find some lavendar tulle and ribbon (the day before) so that I could kinda balance out my coord. I was literally sewing a few hours before the meet so that I could pull everything together. lol

Blouse: Bodyline
Skirt: Bodyline (modified)
Accessories: Handmade / Offbrand

I ended up recycling this coord for Halloween with some minor changes XD I wore it all day long and even went reverse trick-or-treating in it.

Not sure why the coloring is off on this picture
Overall I had an awesome time as usual with my HLC buddies. And I can't wait to have more time to make and customize more things for my ever expanding wardrobe. Have y'all ever made or customized anything to work with your coord? I'd love to hear and even see some pictures ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment