Friday, July 26, 2013

Madame Butterfly Ballet

While the city I live in might not have lots of fashion events like in CA; we are lucky enough that our big city likes to do free events at the long standing Miller Outdoor Theater. Since its beginnings 89 years ago, Miller Outdoor Theatre has provided a unique resource for the City of Houston and its visitors. Steadfast in the founding principal that the theatre shall provide cultural and educational events free of charge for the public (yeah, that was not my wording. I took it from here), this time the event was the Houston Ballet performing Madame Butterfly. I had never seen a ballet before so I mentioned it the girls in my comm and two of them ended up coming out. Great thing about Lolita is usually even if you don't know each other it's easy to find on another ^^ just look for the big poof. It was a great show and I will definitely be attending more events in the future.

After the show ended we took a few mandatory pictures
Jessica, Emi and Me (We didn't plan it but we all wore black-white)
Emi let me borrow her parasol for my first parasol picture <3
Dress/Socks: Bodyline
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Secret Shop
After taking regular pictures we decided we didn't want the fun to end,
 so we went off to find more places to take pictures and ended up with a flurry of silly picture taking

Christian Rock Band cover. lol
Look at our cute butts #^.^#
Sailor Senshi Posing
Blowing away the competition
Then we started trying to get jumping pictures but it was so hard to get one where everyone was off the ground,
 and Jessica was wearing heels so it was even harder for her XD but still lots of fun
Almost got it
And surprisingly I got a good picture of me jumping with no hair in my face and smiling. Yay!
 Then we started dancing
And finally ended with a Jojo pose for Stephany (because we love her) She also gave us her nod of approval for this photo.
Yes!!! So glad we did it justice <3
We ended the night close to midnight and walked the girls to their car. And when me and my husband went to get our car (in the zoo parking lot) we found out they close the gates and no one can get in or out. So we did what any rational adult would do and jumped the curb. Ok, I lied. Rational adults wouldn't do that! Please don't do that >< We ended up hitting the back of the car hard onto the ground coming down and had to get stuff fixed Monday (which meant we missed work) and it ended up costing a lot. Totally worth it though. huhu
(special thanks to mu hubby for taking all of these pictures ^3^)

No comments:

Post a Comment