Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Road to Lolita

On May 17th, we headed up to Dallas for the weekend to attend/celebrate my sister-in-law's graduation. We arrived Friday afternoon just in time for her ceremony. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the actual ceremony since only a certain amount of tickets were given to each graduate and her mom, dad, boyfriend, aunt and brothers got priority. But I didn't mind since it gave me time to get dressed without having to rush.

I was a little nervous as this was going to be the first time I would be wearing Lolita around my husband's family and I wasn't sure what they'd think. But I think it all turned out all right and everyone seemed to like what I was wearing *(^-^)* I even wore it out when we hit the town. Had quite a few stares but no bad things happened so I say it was a win.
(My sister-in-law is so beautiful <3)
JSK: Baby The Stars Shine Bright
Blouse/Socks: Bodyline
Shoes: Secret Shop
Saturday we went to the museum which was lots of fun but I wore a simple outfit since it was really hot and we were going to be doing lots of walking.
Then Sunday we had a chill day (to recuperate) but went out to eat at Benihana's, so I dressed up
 
OP: Bodyline
Shoes: Secret Shop
Headbow: Innocent World
Then on Monday before we had to head back to town, we went to eat brunch so I dressed casual since it was very hot out
(not in love with my sock choice on this coord ><)
Top: F21
Skirt: Anna House
Shoes: Steve Madden
That weekend was awesome. I enjoyed hanging out with my husband's sister and her boyfriend since we don't get to see them very often; but another great thing about this weekend was afterwards I finally had the realization that I was a Lolita. Even though I had wore the fashion prior to this, it wasn't until after that weekend that I felt like I was "officially" a Lolita. Maybe it was wearing the fashion in another city. Maybe it was showing my "other" family this side of me. Or maybe it was finally "going out" to party in Lolita. Whatever the reason I finally felt I could call myself a Lolita <3

Do any of you have an experience that made you finally consider yourself a Lolita? Or were you a Lolita after the first coord you put together? I'd love to hear about it ^^ Until next time... Angel Brite

No comments:

Post a Comment